You can’t transfer funds directly from your Apple Pay account or the cards associated with it to the Cash App. But you can transfer funds from your Apple Pay account to the bank account linked to your Cash App account and then to Cash App.
This post will show you how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. While you can’t do this directly, some workarounds allow you to get funds from Apple Pay to your Cash App account through bank accounts.
Let’s get to it.
- You cannot transfer money directly from Apple Pay to the Cash App
- You can transfer money from your Apple Pay account, or the cards associated with it, to the bank account connected to the Cash App and then add funds from there.
- You can transfer funds from Apple Pay to a bank account through the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- These funds typically take a few days to transfer, so getting money from Apple Pay into the Cash App is not instant.
How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App
If you want to get money from your Apple Pay account to your Cash App account, you need to take a few steps to get there. It’s not possible to directly transfer money from Apple Pay to the Cash App.
You need to transfer funds from the card associated with your Apple Pay account to the bank account associated with your Cash App to make this work. It’s not instant, but it’s still possible if you want to make this sort of transfer.
To transfer money from Apple Pay to the Cash App, follow these steps:
1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or other iOS device
2. Tap your Apple Cash card in the Wallet app.
You need to set up an Apple Cash card in Apple Pay to transfer cash from your Apple Pay account to other places. Set this up now if you haven’t yet done so.
3. Tap More from the Apple Cash card screen
4. Tap Transfer to Bank
5. Choose how much money you want to transfer and type it into the field
6. Tap Next
7. Select the time of transfer. If you choose 1 to 3 days, it won’t cost you anything to make the transfer. Quicker times are available for a small fee.
8. You’ll be prompted to confirm the transaction by entering your passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID.
Now the money is in the bank account associated with your Cash App account. You can add funds to your Cash App account from here by following these steps.
- Open the Cash App
- Tap the Money tab in the app
- Tap Add Cash
- Select how much cash you want to add to the Cash App
- Tap Add
- You’ll be prompted to confirm the transaction with your PIN and a Touch ID
That’s it. The money should go into your Cash App account pretty quickly, and you can spend it however you want from there. You can repeat this process as often as you wish to make additional transfers from Apple Pay to the Cash App.
If you are an iPhone user, you might not need to use the Cash App because both apps function similarly. Keep that in mind if you are trying to get funds on your cash app for everyday purchases or sending money to other people.
How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App Without Card
You don’t necessarily need a card associated with your Apple Pay account to transfer money into the Cash App. But you do need funds on your Apple Cash card somehow to make this happen.
The Apple Cash card is a digital card your iPhone, so it’s not technically a credit or debit card. You can get funds on it through bank transfers, gifts, and other sources. Having money on it is the first step if you want to transfer that to the Cash App.
If you have funds in your Apple Cash card, follow the same steps outlined above for transferring money from Apple Pay to the cash app.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
It typically takes a few days to transfer money from Apple Pay to the Cash App. Since you need to transfer funds to your bank account, the exact time can vary depending on which bank you use. But 1 to 3 days is the average time it takes.
Sometimes it can take longer than a few days, depending on your bank and when you initiated the transfer. You might need to wait longer over the weekend or during the holidays. And sometimes, there isn’t much of an explanation for why it takes longer.
You should plan ahead for this if you need access to funds in your Cash App account quickly. Remember that it’s not instant, so you’ll almost always need to wait at least a day for the money to appear.
Cash App Apple Pay ATM
If you have the Cash App Card set up as the payment option associated with your Apple Pay account, it is possible to use this as an ATM and withdrawal cash. This can be convenient if you like to use the Cash App account.
You’ll need to find an ATM that accepts Apple Pay for this to work. Not every ATM accepts Apple Pay, so keep that in mind whenever you are trying to get cash. Sometimes using a standard debit card is the easiest option for making ATM withdrawals.
Even though you can’t directly transfer money from Apple Pay to the Cash App, you can still make it happen through a two-step process. Just transfer money from the Apple Cash card in your Wallet app to your bank account associated with your Cash App account.
Once the money is in your bank account, you can add it to you Cash App account and spend it however you want to.
Do you prefer to use the Cash App or Apple Pay? Why? Let me know in the comments below.